Live-in care is just one type of home care service, but it is becoming more popular with every passing day. The main reason is because it offers a perfect alternative to assisted living in a care facility, providing 24-hour in-home assistance and allowing clients to retain full independence.
One of the most significant advantages of live-in care is that the conditions are set by the patient and not by the clock. This service offers so much more than retirement homes; it provides care throughout entire days and weeks, with the focus being on only one patient. This service is available not only to elderly, but to any senior who struggles to cope with daily chores or who has a disability that requires additional help.
Many people enjoy the fact that they are getting more care in their homes than they ever would in an assisted living facility.
Some of the perks that come with live-in care include:
- Friendship and companionship.
- Preparation of meals, at any time of the day.
- Housework and housekeeping.
- Shopping for groceries, transportation, or doing errands.
- Support for recreational and social events.
- Companionship while visiting friends.
- Participating in the patient’s hobbies.
- Helping with personal hygiene.
- Assistance with walking, getting up, and sitting down for clients with disabilities.
- In-home care for patients with Alzheimer’s or any other form of dementia.
- Care at home for patients who have Parkinson’s, long-term diseases, or terminal illnesses.
Live-in care comes especially in handy for patients who live with dementia because it’s a 24-hour service. This can be reassuring for both the patient and their family. Working with the same caregiver in familiar surroundings can ease stress for dementia patients.
Featured Image Source: thehomeaides.com